Friday, May 21, 2010

Straight Talk Cell Phone Problems

Are you thinking about a Straight Talk Cell Phone?

Well I fell for it. They promised a cell phone for only $40 and then either $30 a month for 1000 minutes or $45 a month for unlimited calling! What a deal! When I used a track phone years ago I paid over $100 for 1000 minutes, then used them up in as little as a month or two. This new deal sounds too good to be true, right? Yes, it is too good to be true. Their service simply does not work. The other day I spent over 90 minutes in a 10 minute queue waiting to talk to someone. They charged my credit card for the $33 a week ago and their web site says that I have 1000 minutes, but when I try to make a call it still says “There is not enough money on your account to place this call.” That’s after a frustrating week of trying. Should I give up and take it back to WallyMart?

Here is a decision maker for you. Call them at 1-877-430-2355, if you get a real person in less than an hour consider getting the phone. If after several calls exceeding 2 hours or more and you never get through, guess what? Don't get one of their phones!!!

It sounds to me like it is time for a class action law suit??

Today they called me several times, one call was over 18 minutes long, to no avail.  Turn the phone off, turn it on, dial *22890, try again.  Still it does not work.  Will I have to go through this every time I want to add minutes to the telephone?
Well it has been two weeks and still no phone?  THe good news is that it shows 3000 minutes on my non working phone.  I guess they added minutes to try to get it to work?

No comments: