Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I upgraded my CNC with a router for my book "Inexpensive CNC Projects".

I have added a router to my homemade CNC machine.  It used to smoke at a feed rate over 20% with the Dremel.  Now with the router it can cut at 100% and the cuts are much smoother.

It can also cut right through the board.  I changed the feed rate while the Z axis was moving and caused it to crash, almost cutting through the board.  That is visible in the bottom left side of the "N".
Here is the video, it was taken after the crash.
http://youtu.be/k2YVhZnzZ2k



I am also upgrading it to an aluminum frame, this makes the machine more solid than Plexiglas.

This CNC machine can be built with my plans found in my latest book "inexpensive CNC Projects".

1 comment:

Emily Brown said...

The world is shifting towards more mechanized production methods; industries are competing with each other to adopt the latest advancement in technology. Similarly, the manufacturing industry is not far behind; gone are the old days of regular machining. Processes now use Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining.
The manufacturing industry relies on CNC because it offers a wide range of advantages over regular machining.Full service CNC machining has proven to be highly accurate, efficient and productive in contrast to conventional machining.